Hi Friends!
Sorry it has been so long since I last updated - a lot has been going on... so read on to find out what's new with us!
Sunday Oct. 28 - I wrecked my car on the 5 coming home from work. Amazingly, given that I did a 360 in traffic, I hit no other cars and no one hit me. The back door to the Liberty was damaged because I hit the cement divider backwards, but other than that you would never know what had happened.
Tues. Oct. 30 - My last day of work at Mistral. I was sad to be done, but it puts us one step closer to our move.
Wed. Oct 31 - Halloween!! Gabe and I carved a great looking pumpkin! Burr and I headed down to San Diego to have dinner with our friend Torrey Smitherman who was in town from Alabama for a conference. We had a great time and saw some very impressive Halloween costumes.
Thurs. Nov. 1 - We (FINALLY) found out what our travel dates for Japan will be. Burr will leave on Nov.29. I will leave on Jan. 17. The military flight did not have any space available for Gabe and Penny Lane until the January flight, and Burr's squadron needed him before mid-January. It's sad that we'll be apart for six weeks and Christmas, but there are some perks to Burr getting there first and getting things set up and going before the pets and I arrive.
Sun. Nov. 4 - We flew to Nashville, TN and Caroline picked us up at the airport. We spent a fun night at her house and she treated us to a great home-made soup.
Mon. Nov. 5 - Burr, Caroline, and I went to Bowling Green to visit Grandmother. First we stopped in at Jackson's Orchard to pick up apple cider and fresh apples to use for applesauce. We went on to Chalybeate and spent a great afternoon with Grandmother. The visit was even better because we got to visit with Aunt Jenny and Aunt Chickie. Caroline and I prepared a meal for Grandmother (quite a role reversal) and our applesauce was fantastic!
Tues. Nov. 6 - Most of the day was spent with Burr and me hanging out at Caroline's, but in the evening we got together with Kristi Vick-Stratton and went out for a great dinner with Caroline and Andy then on to Borders for books, etc.
Wed. Nov 7 - Burr and I headed down to Birmingham and spent a great day with Anita and her family.
Thurs. Nov. 8 - Our trip took a very unexpected turn when we arrived at Burr's grandmother's (Peggy) house and found her unconcious. She was rushed to the Emergency Room and later in the day passed away.
Fri. Nov. 9 - Was spent at Peggy's making arrangements for her service. In the morning, I was able to have a meeting with Dr. Richardson (I was in his voice studio at Samford) and reunite with some SU friends. Various members of Burr's family arrived in town throughout the day and all were trying to come to terms with the events of the day before. Peggy was very special to Burr, Katie, and Fred. Her prescence will be greatly missed.
Sat. Nov. 10 - Peggy was laid to rest beside her husband at the Elmwood Cemetary in Birmingham. The family regrouped at Rick and Terri Ferguson's house after the service, and in the evening the McKraneys (spelling?) invited everyone to their home for a BBQ dinner.
Yesterday, Sunday, my mom and I returned to Tallahassee, FL where I will stay with her through the rest of the week. Burr remained in B-ham and will go to Park City, UT to see his mom and family there today. We will both return to California on Sunday and will be there until Burr leaves for Japan.
Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers during this tumultuous time in our lives.
Grace and Peace,
Rachel
Monday, November 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment