Gabe's Birthday Party
Ok, we didn't actually throw him a party (we're not THAT bad), but Gabe certainly celebrated his birthday on his own in a BIIIIGGGG way. I was defrosting SIX chicken breasts in the sink for a post-dive dinner party... remembering "the rib fiasco" of '07, I covered the sink so that Gabe couldn't get the chicken out. Unfortunately Burr did not remember Gabe's magical ability to get to food, wherever it may be, and after he (Burr) turned the chicken in the marinade, he forgot to re-cover the sink. Burr left to go run errands, and Gabe enjoyed a Birthday Dinner of six raw chicken breasts. Yum.
Penny's New House
I woke up a few mornings ago and headed into the master bath. When I turned to look into the bedroom, I saw Penny Lane curled up in the middle of Gabe's crate! She looked extremely comfortable and pleased with herself, but hasn't made a return visit.
Gabe's Big Jump
Two night ago Burr and Gabe met me driving home on my way home from "Ragtime" rehearsal. I stopped the car and rolled down my window so we could visit and so that Gabe could put his paws on the window to look in. I turned around to unlock the back door so that they could ride home with me when, all of a sudden, Gabe JUMPED into the front seat with me THROUGH THE OPEN WINDOW!!! This is the same dog who likes to pretend that stepping up onto the bed is too much work for him... he JUMPED THROUGH THE CAR WINDOW!!! Burr and I were flabbergasted and laughing so hard at Gabe's antics. Gabe was just happy to be in my lap in the front seat!
I don't know what I was thinking last summer when I thought I could actually leave these crazy guys with family back home... life would be much less rich without them here!
rmf

1 comment:
Okay, really time for an update. Missed you in B-ham this weekend!
Post a Comment