And I don't have much to say tonight. All is well, though, just incredibly busy! It was a real treat to have Burr so close (relatively!) March - May. He went back to Okinawa at the beginning of June, and since then I have been playing catch-up at work, and have done a whirl-wind trip to Orlando (for NICU-MT certification; amazing!), and Birmingham (much playing with Baby Eli, and wonderful visiting with Mom!). Now, back in San Diego, settling in for a productive weekend home alone, to be followed by about two weeks of company! (Kristy first, then Mom and Rose - can't wait!)
Other reasons I haven't posted here lately are largely tied to Whole Note Music Therapy and how much "brain-time" the "rebirth" is demanding of me! Working on website revisions, a Whole Note blog, possibly a podcast, and oh yeah, drumming up some students and clients! Also beginning to explore the possibility of a NICU Music Therapy contract in San Diego, and still pondering what I should be when I grow up... Full time music therapist? (Employee or Private Practitioner?) Go back to school for a Masters degree in Speech Language Pathology? Shelve everything and be a full-time mom? (Of course, that would require children, and I'm not in a rush to acquire any at the moment, so probably not the best option!) Sadly acknowledging that the window has likely shut on other career aspirations... probably will not be an astronaut, Julie Andrews, Shamu Trainer, or Esther Williams. Sad. Oh well, it feels good to remind myself that Julia Child didn't become "Julia Child" until her fifties... so there's still plenty of time to leave my mark! But that brings us back to the question, where shall I leave said mark?
Enough of my rambling. I've also cooked some great meals over the last couple of months, and I'll be happy to share those with you soon...ish.
Cheers!
rmf
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment