Wednesday, August 15, 2007


Hello All! As promised, here is a picture! Not much to report today... Gabe and Penny had appointments at the vet this morning and received their second round of shots in preparation for our move to Japan. In two weeks we'll go back and they will have blood drawn for a test, then their 180 day "quarantine" will begin.
Burr's brother, Fred, is coming to visit us this weekend. We will all go to a Padres game on Saturday night and we'll get to tour the Gaslamp district of San Diego that afternoon. Should be a fun time. Can anyone remind me how to play "Pass the Buck" at the ballgame?
Let's see, what else? I've started making lists (shocker, I know) for the things we need to acquire before we move. As it turns out, the government issue bed we will be getting in Japan is going to be a full... ironically, all of our full size bedding is in storage until we get back! I think a trip to the outlet mall and TJ Maxx is in my future! I have also decided that I NEED (not want) and Ipod. I think it would have benefits for my music therapy work too! We will also need to get a neat slip cover. I saw a picture of the government issue sofa, and while I'm sure it's very comfortable, it's definitely not pretty! And, apparently rugs and lamps do not count against our total weight of things we are allowed to take, sooo, I guess we'll need to pick up a few to take with us! Ah, so much to do...
This afternoon I'm off for a health screening so I can start working at the psych hospital. The good thing is, the TB test they do will count for my test for my overseas screening. Nothing like two birds with one stone...
That's all I know for now... but I'm sure there will be much more to come!

Best,
rmf

1 comment:

Lauren Jones said...

Yeah! I'm glad to hear Gabe and Penny Lane will be accompanying you to Japan. When are you guys leaving? Hopefully we'll be out of here by the end of November - not a moment too soon! This area definitely leaves something to be desired. Good luck with everything and keep in touch! Buster misses his friends...