Last night I saw the new film "Alice in Wonderland." One of the themes that kept coming up in the first half of the movie was that Alice didn't seem Much like Alice. She had changed as she had grown up, playing the role that society demanded of her, and losing confidence in herself and her gumption. She had lost her "Muchness." (Of course, as one expects, over the course of the story, she rediscovers herself, etc...) :)
I don't ever want to lose my "Muchness." Over the last couple of years, I've gone into places in myself that I didn't know were there, and that I would rather not go again. I haven't always felt "Much" like Rachel. I've felt like a different person; trying really hard to be what I felt like I 'should' be, instead of being true to myself and throwing all of my Rachel-ness out into the world. I should be as Much Rachel as I can be; it's who I am and I'm learning to explore my feelings, express them, and share myself with the world and the people that I love in the most authentic way that I can. It's scary sometimes; authenticity also equals vulnerability, because there are no longer any walls or barriers up to prevent the world from seeing me in all of my Rachel-ness. But authenticity is far less terrifying than the notion of losing my "muchness."
Don't lose yours; be all that you are, all the time. Be as Much Yourself as you can be.
With Muchness,
rmf
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Love, love, love this post and you!! I'm glad you havne't lost your Muchness!!
Amen sister!
Post a Comment