Saturday, April 10, 2010

I Don't Like Fish...

But this dish was incredible!  I've been in a bit of a slump lately with my cooking, but have finally started to come out of it... I've been re-reading some of my favorite cookbooks, have purchased a couple of new ones, have been taking note of recipes I've never tried, and have been playing with some different ingredients and flavor profiles.

I made this Mustard Roasted Fish from Ina's "Back to Basics" earlier this week.  Creme fraiche, dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, chopped shallots, capers, salt and pepper, combined then spread over the fish (Ina called for red snapper but Whole Foods had none and the fish guys recommended the white, flaky Rock Fish that I used instead).  Baked for 10 minutes in a 425 oven, served with sauteed haricots verts (French green beans!), and brown rice, this dish was delicious that evening and the next day for lunch.  My only complaint is to the fish monger at Whole Foods for not doing the best job of de-boning the fish... I don't like having to search for elusive bones in every bite... kind of takes the enjoyment out of the meal!

No comments: