Here is the recipe for the cornbread salad I made for the Beach Bash last weekend.
It yields a huge amount even without tripling it like I did! Prepare to feed at least twelve people off of this.
6 oz. pkg Mexican Cornbread
1 oz. pkg Ranch dressing mix
8 oz. sour cream
1 C mayonaise
16 oz. can Pinto Beans, rinsed and drained
16 oz. can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
2 15 1/4 oz. cans corn, rinsed and drained
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
3 huge tomatoes, chopped
10 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
6 green onions, sliced
2 C shredded cheddar cheese
Prepare cornbread according to package instructions. Cool.
Combine dressing mix, sour cream and mayo. Set aside.
Crumble half the cornbread in a large bowl. Top with half of the beans, sour cream mix, bell pepper, corn, tomatoes, bacon, cheese and onions. Repeat the layers. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
I got this great recipe from my mom, who got it from her friend Beth, who got it from her daughter in law Becky. (Just so you know who gets the credit!)
Hope that you enjoy this great summer salad as much as we do!
rmf
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yum, thanks for posting the cornbread salad recipe, it sounds delicious. I also would love it if you posted the drink recipe for the watermelon margaritas you made last year for your Derby/Cinco De Mayo Party, they were fabulous. Your life in Okinawa sounds exciting!! Maybe I should move there????
Post a Comment