Sunday, April 27, 2008

Stupid Rules... Really

This weekend Burr and I were so excited when the Commissary Gate re-opened. This is the gate to base that is within walking distance of our house and it has been under construction since we've been here. We have been waiting with bated breath for WEEKS waiting for it to be available to us and now it FINALLY is!

This morning, Burr left to get on the boat. I have decided that for the duration of his deployment, I will be at Fat Camp. My workouts will be kicked up a notch. I bought a book on running, another on swimming with workouts, a recent issue of Runner's World, and a balance ball. I'm also going to buy some 5 and 10 pound free weights. SO, after Burr left, I tried to take Gabe for a run on base. My plan was to run in through the Commissary Gate and run up to the video store to return a DVD. Two birds with one stone, you know? NO SUCH LUCK. Upon crossing the threshold of the gate I was informed by the Japanese security guard that this gate was accessible only to vehicles and in-accessible to pedestrians. If I wanted to run onto base, I would have to use another gate. STUPID RULES.

I was able to walk to the gate. I was on the sidewalk the entire time. After showing my ID to the guards I would have passed through the gate and gotten back on the sidewalk. It seemed pretty accessible to me!

So now, I am bitter. My workout plans have been thwarted and I've lost my motivation to get in a morning run. I have an hour and a half left before my first student arrives and if I'm going to run, it needs to be now. Let's see if I can drag myself away from my pity party and back outside. grrr.

stupid rules.

rmf

No comments: