Monday, June 9, 2008

Running Around

I am a runner. It's official. I run three to four times a week for thirty minutes to an hour and a half. That makes me a runner, right? Speed doesn't matter, nor distance covered, just getting out there and doing it... that's what counts.

Last week, I took my longest run since I've been here in the RAIN. That definitely means that I'm a runner. I can't say that it was all bad, actually, and I really enjoyed that I could self-congratulate myself the entire run for getting out there in the yucky weather, instead of sitting at home on the couch like everyone else! Yep, the self-congratulations I can give myself are a big draw to lacing up the sneakers and hitting the road. And my awesome running partner, Gabe.

He never chides me for going to slow, or stopping to walk for a minute here and there (which I don't do that often, thank you!). He is just happy to be outside, breathing the fresh sea air, and looking out for stray cats to chase. I am inspired daily by his enthusiasm!

So let's here it for farmer's tans, soaking wet shirts, blistered toes, and long runs. It's fun!

No comments: