It's a great fit for the little girl who always wanted to be "The Little Mermaid." I am able to swim down to 100 ft below the surface and just swim along and LOOK. And I mean, there is a LOT to see. First, you have the reefs themselves. They are gorgeous and huge and intricate and filled with colors and little creatures. Then there's all the aquatic life - I love recognizing the fish that I've seen before and taking mental pictures of the ones that are new to me to check out after the dive. The last two weekends have only given me a taste of this new world, and I can't wait to "dive in" (pun TOTALLY intended) to see more!
Someone asked me recently what I'm thinking about when I dive. I was ashamed to admit that at this point, it's still pretty mechanical in my mind. Ie: "do I have enough air?" "am I breathing correctly" "am I neutrally bouyant?" "equalize, idiot!" "don't get seasick in the waves" "oops, too much air in the BCD" etc, etc. But that's ok. I'm doing it... experiencing something I've always wanted to, and getting better with every dive. Now that I've spent so much time in class dives, I'm ready to just hit the water with a buddy and go play!
In anticipation of the boat dives last weekend, when I purchased all of my gear (my credit card is still burning), I also got a dive camera. The dive sights were incredible and I can't wait to go back. Sadly, I can't share much with you in photos b/c like an idiot I didn't even open up the camera until I was in the car on the way to the sight. Only then did I realize that I had no memory stick! My day of photography ended up being limited to six photos and I am sorry to say that this was the best one of the day:

Oh well. Gives me an excuse to go diving again to get more pictures!
rmf

No comments:
Post a Comment