Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Weekend - Fri and Sat

By now you know the big news of the weekend - Burr finally made it home from Thailand! We've enjoyed just hanging out and reconnecting all weekend long. Here are some highlights of the weekend.

Friday night - I did my second night dive! Now I only lack one in getting my night diver specialty cert. I enjoyed this dive much more than the one last Friday when I was feeling seasick. I saw FIVE seasnakes, and only got freaked out by one of them; the one who swam up between my buddy and me and looked like he wanted to get even closer! Yikes!

Saturday AM - The "World Famous Flying Tigers" returned to Futenma. They flew in over the hangar in six plane formation did a fancy landing and a "hollywood shutoff" where they all stopped their rotors at the same time. By 8:45am Burr and I got to see each other for the first time since the end of April. FINALLY!!!

Saturday AM cont - I sort of felt bad as I rushed Burr out of the squadron and back home, but our time was short; I had to be at the Futenma Chapel for my first Whole Note Recital at 9:30! It was wonderful having Burr there to see the students perform and get a feel for what I've been doing with myself for the last few weeks. I was so proud of all of my students. They all really rose to the top and had very successful performances. Bravo!

Saturday PM - We spent the afternoon just resting at home. Visiting, sleeping, snacking, walking Gabe, playing with Penny Lane, sharing pictures and showing off what we've each been doing the past two months. I had a lovely dinner in mind to prepare, but was too pooped to put it together! We ended up going to one of my favorite sushi spots "Sushi Zen" and had a really nice meal. The wild part is that our dinner was paid for by a family that left right before us. They had a baby with them that was not really enjoying dinner and cried the whole time. They felt so bad that they had "ruined our night" that they took care of our bill! It was a completely unneccessary, but nice, suprise.

This post has gotten kind of long, so I'll save the adventures of Sunday for another time.

rmf

No comments: