I arrived back in the USA on Monday afternoon. Customs was not quite the nightmare I was anticipating, and I made it to my gate for my connecting flight with ample time and even got to check my email! We boarded the plane about twenty minutes after our scheduled departure time but quickly pulled out of the gate. Then, we sat on the runway for and hour and a half. And I had the pleasure of being seated within a row of a crying baby, and right next to a teenage guy who snored and had no sense of personal space. His yucky socked feet got way too close to mine too many times. But I can't complain... I was safe in Atlanta by 9pm and back in my own bed by midnight! And it has been SOOO GOOD to see my mom!
The last couple of days have been pretty busy and the jet lag hasn't been as bad as you might imagine. I think the trick is to just get up at a decent hour the next day and go through the day then hit the bed at a decent hour and get a good night's sleep!
So far I have accomplished the following tasks:
- Eye exam and new contacts
- Computer repairs (seriously, don't let me near yours... my presence will cause something on it to break!)
- Two long walks and a run
- New sneakers
- Barnes and Nobles (I got two new cookbooks! and some "inspirational fiction" to keep my mind clean...)
- Zoe's Pimiento Cheese - just as delicious as I remembered!
- Some quality pool time (technically laying out by the pool time...)
- Stocking up on some groceries
Tomorrow I will head up to Kentucky to stay at Grandmother's for the Below Family Reunion. I love this traditional gathering that we do every summer. I feel very lucky to really know my great aunts, uncles, 1st, 2nd, and even 3rd cousins! It should be a fun weekend of family and GOOD FOOD! (Another important family tradition!)
I will also make a stop at the cemetery to see my dad. That will never feel right. But I couldn't go home and not see him. That wouldn't be right either.
rmf
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment