That's how I've felt since I arrived in Tokyo to meet Burr on Thursday afternoon. As we make our way around this mega-city through the train stations, intersections, and tourist destinations, I am hyper-aware that WE are the strangers in a strange land. Imagine a sea of people... all of them have dark brown hair, light skin, and delicate Asian features... then there's this red and blonde hair showing up in the midst of it all. We kind of stand out!
Tokyo has been incredible. We toured Asakusa and had dinner at The New York Grill at the Park Hyatt Hotel yesterday and are going to a production of "The Lion King" this afternoon. I have enjoyed sitting back on this trip and letting Burr navigate our way from here to there; my only responsibility is saying "hey, this might be fun" and Voila! he makes it happen!
I'll get some pictures up soon, but right now I have only one minute and thirty seconds left in this rockin' hotel business center!
Hope all is well with you and yours and that you have had an incredible July 4th weekend. Happy Independence Day!
rmf
Friday, July 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment