It may surprise you to learn how many ideas for blog posts run through my head each day. I don't post with regularity, but that doesn't mean that I'm not thinking about it!
Sometimes, I'd like to do a really "scandalous" post on something that people don't talk about very often... like Vibrators... or I'd like to wax insightfully about relationships, or rail away at the injustices of the world... Other times, I'd like to talk about my job, and how cool it is to do what I do... and how I want to touch people and society and make an impact with my life, but how I'm scared that in the final analysis, my life won't have positively impacted anyone. (Scary, scary!)
Sometimes I want to blog about singing. Sometimes I want to blog about running and trying to keep my body feeling and looking it's best. And then there are times when I want to be snarky, but I reign myself in on those... there's too much snarkiness and negativity out there already, why contribute more when it's so much more refreshing to have something kind and thoughtful to say?
I guess my reluctance to test all of these waters and to post some of the ideas that I have is that I'm still not exactly sure what a blog is supposed to be. Is it supposed to be like the cards we get at Christmas, and paint everything with a rosy hue? It it supposed to be dedicated to a single topic or type of post? Can it be an authentic representation of one's life and experiences? Do readers (whoever you are!) only want to hear the "good stuff" or can we be honest about the struggles and low times we face as well? Questions, questions...
Oh well... We'll travel this blog-y road together and see where it goes.
Don't be snarky. Being kind is so much more clever.
:)
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think it should include all of the above!! It's not about pretending life is peachy but being real!! I'll be anxiously awaiting your reviews ;-)
Post a Comment