Sunday, March 16, 2008

Bagels

They were absolutely delicious! And it's so empowering to know that with just a little time and effort I can make one of my favorite treats for myself. You see, there is a bagel shop out in town, and they make pretty good grub, but they also fall into the trend of Okinawa's breakfast places. They don't open until noon! Now, I don't know about you, but my bagel craving starts around 7am so it's great to have some delicious boiled bread on hand to meet the need.

Here are some pictures of what I did yesterday afternoon. I made three flavors; Parmesan Herb, Cinnamon Sugar (just like at Bread and Bagels in BG), and Plain. The shape on the first batch is a little off, but I had a better grasp on what to do the second time around. I will definitely repeat this recipe in the future with the confidence that the bagels will get better every time.





Please pass the cream cheese,
rachel

No comments: