Thursday, March 13, 2008

Baking Delights

As you know, I have a little bit of extra time on my hands right now. I get a few more "Whole Note" inquiries everyday, and currently have a roster of five students, but that still leaves me with quite a bit of downtime! Don't get me wrong... I stay quite busy with errands, reading, marketing Whole Note, the Praise Band, Bible Study, and recently Pacific Okinawa Players - but what to do on the nights when Burr works late? The Answer: Bake!

Yesterday I made biscuits... that were not as pretty or tasty as Grandmother's, but hey, I'm a novice!



And last night, when Burr was on the late shift, I baked bread! With the help of Julia and Friends! This time, I was quite pleased with the results.



And speaking of Julia Child... I have found that I MUST have her in the kitchen with me at all times! I borrowed her book, "Baking With Julia" from the library over the weekend and have been taking great delight out of all the delicious diversions that lie within. I am planning to take on Bagels this weekend, but after that... I have to give the book back! SO... if anyone out there wants to help a girl out, and feed her husband in the process... please send "Baking With Julia" to her PO BOX!!!



Happy Baking!

Rachel

No comments: