Thursday, March 20, 2008

Look to the Left...

And you will notice a couple of new additions. The first, which is by far the most interesting, is a new link to some photos called "Out and About." I took Gabe on a walk today and just snapped some pictures of interesting sights and signs in our neighborhood. My thinking was that you might get a better feel for what it looks like over here. Although, as I think about it, I only selected the pretty pictures so you still can't really visualize what the concrete buildings and all of the power lines look like. Hmmm... use your imagination for now and I will take even more representative pictures and put them up soon. The album also includes some pictures of the St. Patrick's Day Parade that we stumbled onto on Saturday. Here are some preview photos... enjoy the whole album!





The second new item is called "Shopping List." And it's not for me... it's for you! I hesitated to even put it up, but sometimes when we talk on the phone it comes up, "oh, do you need anything?" and my response is, "no, I don't think so..." Then, about two minutes after hanging up I realize that there are a few things we could use that aren't available out here. Please understand, I don't expect you to rush to the store to fill these little requests... I just think it's nice to know what people actually need when you DO have an urge to send them a little something. You know? And, truth be told, what I really would like is some fresh Cilantro and baby Arugula, but I don't think that they would survive the trip or Customs! Ah well... I shall dare to dream that the Commissary will add them to the stock list sometime in the next three years...

Grace and Peace,
rachel

No comments: