Saturday, May 3, 2008

Feeling Playful

That's what Gabe would tell me he was feeling if he could use words right now. Instead, he is communicating with me by dropping his toys in my lap and standing by my side panting as I type. We have already been to the park twice today, checked out the flowers upstairs a couple of times and eaten. But I guess if I napped from 10am-3pm I'd feel pretty playful at 7pm too!

As for me, I'm trying to decide how to spend the rest of my day. Do I tackle the Marine Room? Do I do some real "work" to help get ready for my week? Do I start a book? Do I finish a book? Watch a movie? Play guitar? Do my Core workout? Soooo many choices on a Saturday night! I am definitely making plans with a girlfriend next weekend. This has just been too much time for introspection.

I think I might add a couple of other lists to the left side. Maybe one will be projects I want to do (you know, if I write them down, you'll hold me accountable and they might actually happen!), and the other will be books that I have in my house that I have not yet read. I have this habit of buying books that I'm really excited to read and them putting them off while I peruse a magazine or get something from the library or buy yet another book to read first!

For those of you wondering, I have heard from Burr on the boat and he is doing well. He has gotten to fly a couple of times already and has really enjoyed it. Sounds like the biggest bummer of the boat trip is that the AC is out in his room. So he is HOT!!! In retrospect, I remember someone advising us to get a little fan for his bunk to take the edge off, but we completely forgot that last weekend when doing the last minute errands. I suppose we will remember it next time!

Gabe has given up on me. He has gone to his chair and curled up in a little ball. He is gazing soulfully at me. Penny Lane is eating. Shocker.

I need a drink of water and a piece of chocolate. So I'm going to go. But it's been a good Saturday, in all and I'm looking forward to Sunday. It puts me one day closer to being back with BURR!!!

go play!
rachel

No comments: