Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Favorite Banana Bread



This is my favorite Banana Bread recipe. I usually enhance it with a handful of chocolate chips or dried berries and nuts. It's not a healthy recipe, but it's GOOD! What's your favorite banana bread?

3 large, ripe bananas
1 C sugar
1 egg
4 T butter, melted and cooled
1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
1 t salt
1 t baking soda

Preheat oven to 325. Mash bananas. Beat in sugar, egg, then butter. Add flour, salt, and baking soda. Beat just until flour is moist. Pour into pan and bake 55-60 minutes.

Enjoy!
rmf

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My recipe is almost the same as yours and the only thing I add in addition to chocolate chips is pecans and/or walnuts depending on which I have in the pantry.

Since I try and eat bananas to be healthy but tire of them after eating about 2, I make bread for my dad and uncle often, they love it. I really don't like bananas as much as I tell myself I do.