Funny how things play out. I have my ticket all ready for a rendez-vous with Burr the first week of June and now it seems fairly certain that he will not be able to make it. So now my dilemna... do I go or Not?
Reasons to go:
Other spouses will be there
Shopping
Sightseeing
Adventure
Travel opportunity
Reasons not to go:
Burr won't be there
Very expensive
No petsitter yet
Show will have just ended (and I'll be exhausted!)
I'm traveling in July
I could sightsee on Oki that week
It would be a great time to knock out my SCUBA cert.
I'm leaning towards not going. I'll take a $250 penalty on cancelling my plane ticket, but will get the other $400 back. We will also save on the money we would have had to spend on a hotel. My only reservation about cancelling is that I've learned that with the Marines, things can change at the last minute. I'd hate to cancel my trip only to have Burr show up at the rendez-vous!
What do you think I should do?
rmf
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I say pass on this trip. You will save a ton of money and if Burr somehow makes it there then you will know the next time a trip is planned to go even if you are told he might not be there.
If he is not there than you will have saved money and knocked out a few things you have been wanting to do where you are.
Post a Comment