On Saturday I got to do my first dive in over a month. It was AWESOME!! I went with Burr and one of his co-workers, Paul. Gabe also came. Paul suggested that we do the dive at Horseshoe Beach; that was fine with me, because I had never been there and it's always a good idea to go to a new dive site with someone who's been there before. Burr and Gabe got to hang out on the beach while Paul and I dove, because neither of them have their dive certs yet. My camera had a low battery, so I don't have very many good pictures, but here's a little sample of what we saw.

Horseshoe Beach

Me!

Sea snake

Paul
Just a note to any divers out there thinking about diving Horseshoe. It's a bit of a swim to get from the beach out to the reef where you can drop down. Be prepared for a tough current, take your time, and don't panic in the waves. Go with a buddy. This is not the site to be a rebel and dive alone! Enjoy the sights! We went left on the first dive and saw seasnakes and fishies... on the second dive we went right and saw two octopus, fishies, and gorgeous coral!
Have fun,
rmf
No comments:
Post a Comment