Sunday, August 17, 2008

Wish I'd Had a Camera

Two times since I've been back in Okinawa I've really wished that I had my camera. The first was on my very first Saturday back. Burr and I got up early and took Gabe on a nice long walk down the Seawall to American Village. After coffee and pastry at Starbucks, we began our trek back home.

And that's when we saw him.

Hitler.

The Cat.

I'm not kidding... this cat looked like HITLER! It had a white, meanish face, and a rectangular black mustache between it's nose and mouth. Spooky! I know you don't believe me, and that's why I really wish that I'd had a camera.

Second, if I'd had my camera with me on a recent run, I could have shared with you a picture of the rainbow I saw arcing down from the sky and into the ocean. In the early morning sky, alight with colors, it was an amazing sight. I felt truly blessed to get to see it!

rmf

No comments: