They say that you never forget your first... and I'm not sure that they were referring to seeing your first sea turtle on a scuba dive, but I KNOW I'll never forget my first!
Yesterday, I dove Toilet Bowl with a buddy. And the dive was INCREDIBLE. Probably the coolest, most scenic, best dive I've done since I started. And I saw a Sea Turtle! It was... I don't know... words... AWESOME. And not in the "surfer dude" sense of the word, but the "event inspired awe within me" sense of the word. The Sea Turtle was quite large, and moved with grace and majesty through the water. I was so excited to finally see one, because I've heard from many others just how fantastic the experience is.
The Toilet Bowl dive is one that I will definitely repeat. The entry and (especially) exit are a little dicey, but completely manageable with proper planning and survey of the sight. Actually, I wasn't able to do a second dive there yesterday because the weather changed and made the exit too dangerous. But the one dive was worth the drive to the sight and I am SO GLAD that I had the opportunity.
dive on!
rmf
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
below is a link to a pic of the sea turtle from that dive. You never forget your first. Great Dive!
http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n433/eddyet/Toilet%20Bowl%20Diving%2024AUG08/IMAG0010.jpg
EJE
Post a Comment