That's the hard truth that Burr and I learned today.
Last night we went out to a friend's birthday party. We took my car, planned on leaving it overnight, and picking it up today. Excellent plan. Poor execution. Burr's car keys were locked in the glovebox of my car. And we don't have a spare. One cab ride later, we picked up my car and Burr's keys... hooray us. :)
My second moment of "brilliance" today came when we went to see a movie. I checked the times this morning, and we planned our day around a 2pm matinee. Bear in mind that the movie times are listed in "military time" and the movie we wanted to see was listed at 1600. Um, yeah, I can't do math. 1600 is 4pm... not 2pm. After rushing to get to the theatre in time for the 2pm show, we stood outside and laughed at my blunder. Then we went on with our afternoon; grabbed a late lunch (since popcorn was now out of the question), did our errands on base, and ended up renting a movie instead.
We've had a good night. We enjoyed watching "Charlie Bartlett," Burr got all packed for his week at the rifle range, we tag teamed the floors (I swept, Burr Swiffered), and enjoyed a yummy Freschetta pizza. Now it's time for bed...
'night!
rmf
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment