This has been a really neat weekend, despite the fact that Burr has been working the whole time at the Futenma Flightline Fair!
As previously mentioned, I dove Saturday morning with some of Burr's co-workers. Then, Saturday afternoon/evening I headed out to Torii Station to the beach! POPs (Pacific Okinawa Players) had a beach party and it was so much fun! We grilled out, played beach volleyball, made s'mores, and I even went swimming in the ocean! The giggles kicked in when I rode down the waterslide with some of the pre-teen girls in the group (cementing myself as a "cool grown-up!"). I can't remember the last time that I rode a waterslide! It was a blast... I was sliding up on the sides of the slide, picking up tons of speed, and giggling all the way down. When I hit the water, I made a huge tidal wave (I'm a bit bigger than the 4-13 year olds who usually frequent the slide!), and it was just too much fun!
Last night, Naomi and I went to the Flightline Fair on Futenma to see Burr, check out the helicopters and planes, watch the fireworks, and (let's be honest) eat Funnel Cake! It was so much fun! There were tons of local nationals meandering through the booths and touring the different aircraft. Junk food vendors were everywhere, and there was no shortage of "Moonwalks." They even had carnival rides for the little kids, and game booths for winning giant stuffed animals. I loved eating my funnel cake and it put a big smile on my face all night long. (Ok, I got rather naseaus around three this morning b/c of all the grease, but it was worth it!)
I loved getting to see the fireworks and I smiled through that giant display as well. All in all, a very fun weekend. And even though Burr was working for most of it, at the end of the day yesterday, I got to ride home with him. Doesn't get much better than that!
rmf
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment