Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Nearly Perfect Chicken Sandwich

I have to share this sandwich with you! I made it for Burr today at lunchtime, and it was sooooo good! It's not from a book, it's just from my head... here goes!

Pour olive oil on a boneless, skinless chicken breast and salt and pepper both sides.
Grill the chicken breast.
Saute thinly sliced onions with olive oil, salt and pepper until golden and gently carmelized.
Cook two slices of bacon.
Slice and toast a Kaiser roll (I did this on the grill pan with the chicken so the inside got toasty but the outside was still soft.).
Assemble the sandwich by first cutting chicken to the size of the bun. Top chicken with a slice of muenster cheese and put sauteed onions on top. On the bottom of the bun, put the bacon (break it in half and lay on the the bun), on the top part, generously spread Major Grey's Chutney. Put the chicken in between the two pieces of bread and ENJOY!

We had ours with ceasar salad and kettle cooked potato chips. It was a fantastic meal!

In case you're wondering why I made such a heavy lunch, it's because Burr and I are like ships in the night right now... just passing in coming and going from the house! So, we're making an effort to have lunch together a couple of times a week to get in some quality time that we wouldn't otherwise have! I really like having my big meal in the middle of the day... and I LOVE getting to see Burr!

OK, try the sandwich this weekend (if you're NOT a vegetarian... if you are... sorry!), and let me know what you think!

rmf

No comments: