Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Funny Conversations

I'm not sure what it is about this week, but a lot of people I've talked to have been a little on the goofy side. Here are some of the highlights from three recent conversations.

1) At the dive shop. I went in to find Burr and do a little shopping. Upon entering the door and looking around a bit...

Sales girl: Can I help you find something?
Me: No, I'm just looking for my husband.
Sales girl: Ok, what's his name?
Me: Well... I don't think you know him. Have you seen a guy in a flight suit come in?
Sales girl: No, I've only seen Marines in here today.
Me: He IS a Marine. Bye.


2) At the bank. Burr had to exchange yen for dollars after the Flightline Fair, and they (the bank tellers) made him roll all of the coins. But when he got back to the teller, she started to UN-roll the coins!

Me: Um... why did you make him roll all of the coins if you were just going to un-roll them?
Teller: Because we're not allowed to roll them.


3) This one's a little embarrassing, but it might have been a compliment, and it was still pretty funny.

Girl: Ok, don't hate me for asking this, but... Are those yours? (while discreetly glancing at my shirt)
Me: Are what mine? Huh?
Girl: You know, are Those Yours?
Me: (as the lightbulb clicked on and my face filled with heat) YES! I'm all natural!


So, that's been my week! And it's still only Thursday! Who knows what other craziness will come up between now and Sunday...

rmf

No comments: