Thursday, May 1, 2008

Good News!

The flowers made it through the night! Ok, this really won't seem like a big deal to you until you understand what I went through last night.

I went to bed at my normal, no Burr, time; 11pm. Around three in the morning I was awakened by the sound of rain on the roof. Normally, this would not be a problem for me - I love sleeping to the sound of rain falling. But last night, it had me concerned. I had planted my little flower pot garden... on the roof... where it is very windy... and unprotected from the elements... Suffice it to say that I spent the better part of the early morning hours listening to the wind and rain and imagining my flowers drowning in their pots or blowing away!

It took me until about mid-day to get up the courage to go upstairs to even check on the flowers and herbs. And I am happy to report that all is well in the rooftop flower-land!

Other than being sleep deprived and fighting a migraine all day, the rain did no damage! I'm tired now and headed to bed, but I knew you would all want to know the status of the flowers!

rmf

1 comment:

Julia said...

I am with you on the "trying to get flowers not to die" thing! I have given up on having them actually grow, I just want them to not die!! hahahaha... oh the things we learn after marriage...